27 January 2011

♫♪Running on Empty...♫♪

I have gobs of homework staring me down and screaming my name for attention!! Yet, I decided....welll, in all honesty it was Cory's idea, and I just expanded it a little bit.
See, Ethan has been home sick for most of the week, and tonight was Family Math Night at the youngers elementary school. There is no way I was taking Ethan out and exposing countless others to his sicko germs, NOR did I want to take Nataly on her own and have to make yet another trip into town as soon as I got home from school. So Cory(who hates FMN with a vengence BTW) came up with the suggestion that we have a family movie night since we got some new movies for Christmas that the kids and I have seen countless times now and he has not. I ran it by Nataly this morning, just to make sure her world wasn't going to crash if we didn't do FMN, and she was ecstatic(inward sigh of relief, I just can't handle little girl drama before 8 am lol).
Here's where my part comes in, I have been really craving ice cream, yet hadn't wanted to splurge on the purchase...I decided that movie night would be oodles more fun with ice cream! So I bought various fixin's for sundaes and WHALA!! We had a great time despite the fact that Ethan started to spike another fever.
Some things are just more important than homework sometimes...DON'T let my teachers hear that!
And now that the movie is over, I have a HESI exam to study for, typing homework to get caught up on, a microbiology test to study for, prelab assignments to write, chapters to pre read before class next week, anatomy terms for the heart to learn, a church talk for Ethan...IF he feels better on Sunday....have I mentioned that my house looks like a train wreck?
And yet, I will still keep to my goals and go work out tomorrow...with a little extra added time to compensate for the ice cream with ooey gooey goodness drizzled on top(don't forget the whipped cream and the cherry!), because the burn feels so incredibly good when I hit somewhere around mile 3 lol.

Oh lets not forget that I have music planning to do AND a musical bingo game to prepare....and....and...and

...I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment