23 January 2011

PLEASE let this week take like 6 months to end!

Strange, yes I know. I want, in fact I NEED this week to be much longer than it already will be.
I have my HESI test on Saturday. Thats what the entrance exam for the nursing program is called. This will be my first attempt. I was able to sign up for one more testing day in February. Which is the maximum allowed :/ I have to pass the test with a cumulative percentage of 85 or higher in order to even be considered for the nursing program.
I've talked to quite a few people who have already taken the HESI and these were people that I had classes with...people who got straight A's while I struggled with B's and even a C in one class. Well, most of these people bombed the HESI, meaning they did not get the required 85%...so naturally I'm terrified. I'm freaking out.
So much hinges on this test for me. If I don't pass the HESI and get into the nursing program, I have to wait an entire YEAR before I can apply again. Don't worry, I have contingency plans, but none of them are actually that appealing.
English-I'm good there, this is the subject I own!
Chemisty-I've got a very good handle on it
Biology-.....I took biology the semester that I punched Cory...need I say more?
Anatomy-I'm a bit nervous, and don't think I have an especially good handle on this subject
Math- I really should be okay
Obviously its the Biology and Anatomy I am most worried about...and yes, I have been brushing up on it.
I'm eating well, I'm exercising(WOOT WOOT!!!), I'm kinda sorta sleeping. I don't have a problem falling asleep, I have trouble staying asleep. I wake up at odd times in the night stressing about this exam. I haven't dreamt about it yet, so its not made its way to my subconcious yet...that I remember anyways.
And I don't have to wait for my test results, I get them immediately following the test. AND I get a print out so that I can see what I need to work on before my second testing date.
You know what? I changed my mind, lets hope that this time next week comes quickly, so it will be over and I can either curl up in the dark closet with my disappointment or celebrate success.

1 comment: