17 January 2011

The challenge for the day

This morning I will be walking with my family to the first cattle guard and back(my home being my starting point). Its a big deal to me. Since I made the goal to bike the 11-ish mile round trip on the Woodruff Road I have only been able to workout at the gym and a little here at home. Its just been way too muddy and icy to attempt walking outdoors.
I'm nervous.
#1 my family will be walking with me and that means that if I decide to wimp out halfway through....well...they will either shame me to death or I will lose my status as super mom. Silly, maybe, but it matters to me what they think.
#2 This may only be a two mile trek, but its steep...seriously steep. and its the first leg that I will eventually tackle on my bicycle :/
#3 Since the kids will be going as well, that means sacrificing some of the workout to slow and help them climb/walk as well.
#4 all you motorists out there, you better be watching careful and obeying all posted speed limits or I'm gonna to skin you alive!
I really think that I'm making more of this than I need to. Its a workout, its a steep walk, I get to do it with my family....but I obsess, b/c I so badly want to be successful at this. It matters deeply to me.

***POST NOTE***
My 2-ish miles were 4.3 in actuality LOL! But I did it, and all went well. Ethan was the only one who went the whole way with Cory and I(besides the dog, whom Cory had to carry for a bit). I cannot wait to do it again, and then to ride it with my bike!

1 comment: