02 July 2011

We all scream for....popsicles!

We are a household of popsicle addicts! We buy them year round. And if we happen to run out, everyone acts as though we will starve to death! Since I'm trying to shape things up around here I'm not buying as many, we are making them instead. So you all know that I'm not a picture person. So you'll just have to deal with my descriptions and try it yourself.
Our all time favorite so far this year has been the whole fruit popsicles. I just took fresh fruit and plunked it into the popsicle molds and then filled it with capri sun juice. My favorite was mandarin oranges, strawberries, grapes and kiwi. The kids enjoy making yogurt pops, and since my mom gifted us with a 5lb bag of frozen mixed berries and another one of blueberries we have a steady supply. Now, with watermelon in season and on sale we made popsicles out of that too! I just put it in the blender and added some chunks of strawberries to the popsicle molds before I poured in the pureed watermelon. Now...my sister just told me that she did watermelon ones but she used raspberries that she had received from bountiful baskets. I LOVE RASPBERRIES!! So I'm def. going to be trying that one. I can't wait to see what other creations the kids come up with for popsicles. I personally want to try the root beer float ones that I've seen on pinterest. And I want to try strawberry(or raspberry) lemonade ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment