12 July 2011

Bit o' the bubbly?

I can't hide my addiction any longer :( I've become HOOKED on soda! I've never been much of a soda drinker. But this last semester....well, I had to work hard. I mean really hard. That entailed lots of extra study time, lots of early mornings, late nights, and a whole lot of driving to and from class and study groups. So I started getting a soda here and there to give me a buzz and get me through the rest of my day.
Now those of you who know me well know that I don't handle caffeine so much. I cannot down a Monster or a Rockstar. Heck, if I drink 6 oz of one of those I bounce of the walls for hours on end. Ask my mom who talked me into getting a super yummy starbucks back in December. I got the smallest size and didn't even finish it all....I was up and going strong for 12 hours after that...til 4 in the morning!
But its becoming a frequent thing for me to try and invent a reason to drive to town just so I can go buy a soda. Why don't I stock up and keep a supply on hand you say?? Well, because then I would HAVE to drink them...I would have no self control! Today I think I hit rock bottom though...I went to pick up my kids who were playing at their Great-grandma's house...and I bummed a soda. I felt ashamed even asking. But I feel purty darn happy sitting here typing and sucking that diet coke down! This has got to stop. I've got to renew my relationship with H2O and give up this love affair with soda...

No comments:

Post a Comment