14 July 2011

What summer is all about!...for me anyways.

I hit an amazing yard sale this afternoon! Kids clothes galore, in ALL sizes. I was thrilled. We walked out of there with some serious booty. The best find of all was a name brand heavy duty winter jacket for $3 for Emily YEAH!! Its time to start thinking about getting everyone outfitted for school...since they have 19 days until they start :( So we are planning a trip to phx to hit up some Goodwill stores. Even if all we get is jeans. Then I have family members on the look out for good shoe sales, because, face it, with 6 people in this house, we go through shoes at an amazing rate. Those family members are also on the look out for good sturdy backpacks at a good price. We still have to stock up on the basics: underwear(panties), socks, hair dillys...and this year we are buying BRA'S as well...and I don't mean those flimsy little trainers either...we are talking a 30A...gahhhhhhh. That right there is a whole different post though.
Another thing that I love about summer is ZUCCHINI!!! And all other squashes lol. I miss the big scale gardens of years past, none of us have the energy for one right now. But we are loving every little bit that we do get. I did a post a looooong time ago about zucchini recipes...I think I may have to round up some more of my favorites and post them. I hope you are enjoying your summer as much as I'm enjoying mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment