11 July 2011

Pizza Pasta

I thought I'd share another recipe with you :) This is one of my go-to summer potluck recipes(as many of you will know...if you've had us over recently!)

1 box of tri color corkscrew pasta
1 or 2 cans of sliced black olives(Ethan loves it when I use green olives instead :P)
1 red onion chunkily(be that a word?) chopped
sliced fresh mushrooms, which I then run a knife through so they are coarsely chopped
1 bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 bag of mini pepperoni's OR just buy the regular size and cut them in quarters
Mozzarella cheese-shredded...maybe 8 oz?? perhaps more
1 small can tomatoe paste
ZESTY Italian dressing

Boil the pasta until Al-dente. I drain but don't rinse. While its boiling I get all my chopping done.
Then combine all veggies with pasta and add in the cheese while the pasta is still hot/warm. Combine the tomatoe past and italian dressing, whisk together well and combine with the rest...WAHLA! Pizza pasta! Cory and I prefer it while its still warm, but most ppl that I know like it cold.
Also, if you don't get the zesty dressing, your salad will seem slightly greasy.
And just so you know, I've been making this recipe for a looooong time. Long before those special mini pepperoni's came out(I just realized that a very similar recipe is on the back of those bags LOL, I didn't want you to think I was ripping this off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment