28 September 2010

Tuesday's True Confession: I am judgemental

I jump to conclusions. I ASSUME, I judge others by what they look like or how they talk.....not all the time, mind you. But when I do, well, it alwaysalwaysalways comes back at me in a hugely negative way.
Now, why haven't I learned from this in the past? That I really can't explain. I have gotten alot better about it though.
President Monson's remarks Saturday night at Womens Conf. sure hit home and made a big impact on me though.

Christ said 'Judge not'....so really who am I to think that way about people. Especially when its something that I struggle with, thinking that others are judging me!!!

Appearances can be so deceiving.

Each of us is unique, we should celebrate our differences instead setting ourselves apart from those that are 'different'.

Charity is the pure love of Christ. Charity is also being tolerant and lienient with others. True charity is love in action. Charity is having patience, and looking beyond physical appearance. All of us wear the mantle of chartiy. charity is the highest, noblest kind of love.

If you judge people, you have no time to love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment