11 September 2010

Its my FaVoRiTe time of year!!!

By this time next week I will be canning apple pie filling and loving every minute of it! Its time to change the scent to apple cinnamon in the air fresheners! Almost time to enjoy some acorn squash, and baked apples, and apple brown betty.
Since we get such a good deal on fruit, I mean it grows on trees lol!(and we have an inside track to Utah Fruit) We have never gone to an 'orchard' to pick any, but one thing we will do is visit the pumpkin patch in Snowflake. Check out www.thewillisfarm.com for more info on that. I'm thinking that we will make a scarecrown to sit out on our front porch and we will cover our front window again to have a massive glowing jack-o-lantern. I love the cooler weather...until it gets really cold, then I'm a sissy. I may have grown up in Alaska but let me tell you I have acclimated to the 'dry desert heat'!
And yes, for you fall party poopers, I do know that its not 'officially' fall, and I do know that we are supposed to have a bit of a heat wave this next week. Honestly? I don't care FALL IS HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment