22 June 2012

Hello HOTness

OH. My. GOODNESS! It has been sooo hot here the past two days, hot and dry. Our poor little swap cooler has barely been able to keep up. Usually we operate with two, but one bit the dust...err that is, rust. Its completely rusted through. Thanks be to my sister in law who has a very large window cooler she is allowing us to commandeer so we can again have two! Cory finally broke down and hooked up the portable ac unit in our bedroom, since he has to sleep days he needs it to stay very cool in the bedroom. I took the kids to the pool yesterday and we spent three hours frolicking in the water. I am the ONLY one who ended up sunburned, which is a good thing. I know I promised the kids swimming lessons, but after seeing how well they are doing on their own, I am starting to second guess it. Today to beat the heat we staged a water war with squirt guns and water balloons, good times my friends! We obliviated each other, and will reward ourselfs with popsicles and some netflix for the evening. We are hoping to go spend some extended time with my parents, where its about 10 degrees cooler...hoping, hoping, hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment