02 June 2012

Remember me?

Hello there! I quit blogging/journaling back when my semester started to get a little hairy scary. Not a whole lot of interesting things going on. Well, I am summer schooling Ethan b/c he did not make benchmark with his reading this past year...he still goes on to the next grade but is marked a a 'strategic' kiddo who will receive extra help from the very first day of class. Ethan had quite the battle this past year, which I am not going to rant about, but I have definitely learned that I must be a louder and better advocate for my children. The kids are already reading gobs of books, which makes me incredibly happy. Our garden was hit by a very hard, very late frost last weekend so we are kinda sorta starting over in some areas. I think my biggest project this summer is to CLEAN and DECLUTTER and *gasp* make the little people in this house be more productive parties with household chores. I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I will gnaw away on this until we/I succeed. I've got some decorating/craft projects lined up, starting with Father's Day, so I must get my bottom into gear pretty soon. Monday is def. going to be a baking day until it gets too hot, I have a bajillion smooshy bananas that are going to become bread and muffins, a smooshy pineapple and mango that are going to become fruit leather and I want to try my hand at french bread(I'm nervous) so that I have some super yummy bread to smear some roasted garlic on. Oh! And tomorrow I am going to try a bean and kale soup recipe. If it works well I will post it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment