06 June 2012

Its Summer, and where do we begin?

Only because I have children do I know that the title of my post is from a Phineas and Ferb song :) While it may be summer, and has been for quite some time, I am going through a slump in which I have ZERO desire to do anything productive or even FUN with my children. I went through this last summer too...its burnout from school. Last year it wasn't until around the middle of July that I even felt like doing ANYTHING fun or productive and this year I am determined to force myself out of the slump. Remember that closet project I started? Yeaaaaah, I will just barely be finishing it today, I am an unmotivated slacker. My kitchen also looks atrocious and that must be rectified immediately. I am doing summer schooling with Ethan as well and I've been doing the bare minimum to get by, which makes me feel like a crap mom. You know what though? The up-side to my kitchen being a disaster is that it got that way because I have actually been COOKING REAL FOOD!! Smoothies for snacks, and all sorts of fresh fruit and veggies things for dinners(finally found a recipe to use kale in that everyone likes!) So maybe I don't need to beat myself up too much for that one. Yesterday we had a friend of my parents stop by for a spare well pump that we had, theirs having gone kaput and a new one being $2800 that they don't have immediately on hand. Well, anyways I was ashamed to have them pull up to my house and have to walk around junk and trash and debris just to get to the front door, AND I noticed(finally) that we have dust coated spider webs all over the siding of the house...not appealing at all...I think I need to add some major curb appeal to my patios if for no one else than myself. I think perhaps I will entice my kiddos to help me with the patio clean up by arranging a water balloon war upon completion of what promises to be a hot and sweaty job. sound nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment