27 December 2010

Tuesday's True Confession: I want to be mad...

AT MY MOTHER!!! She gave Emily a tie dye kit for Christmas. I was going to get her one until my mom told me she had already ordered it and that she thought it was better than the one I was looking at.
Let me tell ya...It wasn't. The scarf that the kit came with was our first project(and maybe our last too). While the scarf came out beautifully, my hands and Emily's face, neck and fingers are horribly stained.
So why would I go so far as to say that the one I wanted to get was better?! Welllllll....The kit that I wanted to order had a special tube that you put the item to be dyed in, and holes to squeeze the dye into, but all the dye would have stayed contained in the...er...container. My kitchen was covered in dye despite the plastic we put down to cover the surfaces.
I tried so hard to let Emily do this with minimal help from me, after all she is 9....but after she squirted dye all over herself, the floor, ceiling, counter sink AND me...
I got mad, I yelled, I cursed my mother inside my head. Thankfully, it washed out of everything except our skin...I never never want to do that again! although I probably will, b/c it brings great joy to my child...and next time I will be better prepared and we will do it OUTSIDE...and maybe I will borrow toxic hazard suits from someone :P

1 comment:

  1. I understand the feeling! Just appreciate the fact that it did come out of the other surfaces and you don't have a tie dyed kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete