04 December 2010

Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!

Tonight was our towns 'Parade of Lights'. Cory's squad represented NCSO. There float was small but amazing! My kids were asked to ride on the float and dress 'in character'. The theme of this years parade was A Charlie Brown Christmas. I don't have pictures of the kids on the float yet, but I do have this one that I took at the house before we headed in,





The costumes may be a bit ghetto, but thats what you get when you ask the ONE person who doesn't work well with a sewing machine to make theme costumes...
I got to ride behind the float in the tahoe with Cory. We decked it out in lights and had all the red and blue code lights running, It looked great!!! It was a beautiful night too, which made it all the more fun, 55 degrees, so we didn't have to be bundled and have the heater cranked up on high, the kids didn't feel cold on the float either, which is always a plus!
Riding in the parade has one big advantage and that is that I get to hear the comments from people as we slow roll by them. I heard many comments on how cute the kids were all dressed up in their costumes and how awesome the Sheriff's vehicle looked with all the lights on it. Of course there were tons and tons of people that we knew, my hand actually got tired from all the waving! And everyone thinks its cool to see someone they know in the parade. But my heart glows with pride when I heard many people say "Thats Deputy Knights wife in there with him" or "There's Amanda, she is married to a Deputy" Yup, I sure am! And I love him so much it surprises even me sometimes. My mom and my sister and her little family came over for the parade and little Marion was sitting quiet as could be watching the parade and out of no where she busts out with "THERE'S UNCLE CORY!!" And we heard her too, it was cute as heck!
The kids all had a blast being IN the parade instead of WATCHING it, in fact they told me that they like it better this way lol...I see many more parade rides in our future :)
I don't even know if the NCSO float won a prize or not, and to me it doesn't really matter, we had fun, and that IS what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment