01 December 2010

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


To me there is nothing more stunning than a decorated Christmas tree. I have fond childhood memories of many Christmas trees. My absolute favorite part of the Christmas tree is sitting in front of it with all other lights turned off and I squint my eyes while looking at the lights...don't ask me why, I just love the way it looks! Tonight we decorated our tree. As I unwrapped each ornament my children exclaimed over many of them. "I remember making this one!" "Were my hands really so small?!" "Grandma Knight was a great painter!" "This one is funny!"


After decorating, we sat around with cups of cocoa topped with whipped cream and crushed candy canes. We are reading a scripture a day pertaining to the Christmas story. Its all bound together on a ring and hangs on our tree. I got it from a previous Relief Society presidency as a gift years ago. We read a story called The Last Straw, and reminded ourselves that the true meaning of Christmas is about love and service. Our story book has a different story for every day in December leading up to Christmas. It also includes a song per day. Tonight was O Little Town of Bethlehem. My kids know the first verse, but I sang the rest for them. We glued a cotton ball on our santa beard advent calendar, a loop was cut from the chain counting down the days until Christmas....all is well.

I wonder if I can maintain focus if I sit in front of the tree and study....hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment