06 June 2011

That man of mine

Is it any wonder that I haven't had time to post here on my blog? We have been trying to live our summer to the fullest...only somethings are beyond our control. Like right now, Cory is out working on the Wallow Fire. He's been gone since early Sunday morning. No idea when he will be back. Perhaps tonight, but I'm not counting on it. And who knows, he could come back and get a real nights sleep only to head back up there. We knew ahead of time that he was going up there, so we didn't have to do a last minute scramble like with the last forest fire...that one happened when he was at home with the kids by himself and was told to go NOW. I was at girl scouts and he had to scramble for a sitter. Thank heavens I have amazing cousins! Cory even left me a little love note on our bathroom mirror for me to see after he left and I woke up. Made my day, I tell ya. I got to talk to him last night close to midnight, just long enough so that I knew he was okay, and to relay some info to him and visa versa. This morning I awoke to a little love note text from him, again, my day is set. He melts my heart, that Deputy of mine. We can't keep in regular contact even with texting b/c the area he is in only has spotty service since the tower burned down and the 'temporary tower' doesn't seem to work so great. I should hear from him again tonight and I'm looking forward to it. I guess the love notes are the trade off since I did his ironing the other night.
What I wouldn't give to have another 4 day vacation with the man I love. I think I'm going to start planning one right now! Nothing as extravagant as Vegas this time, just something for the two of us....away.

No comments:

Post a Comment