28 June 2011

Health goal check

So let me just start right out by saying, I have a goal that is not going to get to come to completion. I made the goal to be able to ride my bike to the turnoff and back(about 11.3 miles) before the end of the year. for the first 4 months of the year, I worked really really hard to get closer to that goal. Then...well, I could give you a huge list of excuses...the biggest by far being that classes got insane once spring break was over. I know that I said more than once that it felt as though my instructors were trying to cram in an extra semester worth of work into those last 7 weeks.
But now I've been out of school for like 6 weeks...if not longer. So why haven't I done anything to get myself back on track?!?! Goodness knows I surely need too. I am crabby, and depressed, not eating so very well, and my back problems have escalated to the point that on Fathers day, I had to leave church as soon as my darling primary children were done singing so that I could come home and take some heavy duty narcotic pills. Thank heavens the Daddy in this house slept most of the day(he didn't get home until 7am that morning and had to go to work again at 6pm) so there wasn't tooo much pressure on me! And his dinner request was beyond simple. Homemade mac and cheese....extra cheesy.
But back to the health stuffs. I dream about working out again, I'm not kidding. I really do dream about it. I have looked into the way I want to approach it this time. I mean, I loooooved going to the gym, but I know that its just not feasible at the moment. I'm pinching as many pennies as possible to be able to pay for my gas this coming semester, and I have shelled out more than you could imagine for books and scrubs...and I still have more stuffs to buy.
SOOOOOOO, I want the working out thing to become a staple for me....like, well, like facebook and pinterest, or like going on a date with my husband. Something that gets done on a regular basis, something I look forward to and ekk out extra time to sneak it into my day.
Here are my ideas on how to make this possible for ME
shovel out the play room and put the extra tv in there to work out to dvd's.
Also store yoga mat and all weights/work out accessories in that same location.
Post various workouts on the wall...or make a place that I can hang them up and take them down and store.
I think I will set a workout challenge for the kids and I every day. Not anything hard mind you, just things like spend 20 or 30 mins outside with the jump ropes...actually using them to jump rope and not lasso things lol.
I do have to say that I'm doing really well with my sleep health, which has been an issue in the past. Minus today, I am getting 7 to 8 hours of solid sleep every night! Due to the aforementioned back pain, I have been spending time every night doing stretches and a few yoga poses.
I'm going to admit that I have looked into some diet pills that would 'help' me out...available by RX only. there are pros and cons, and while I really really want to do it...there is just something that holds me back.
I've also looked into having weight loss surgery. Yeah, I really am THAT big...I qualify based on many different things actually...

HOLY LONG POST!!!

Thanks to a dear friend of mine for encouraging a health related blog post. Its getting me out of a hole I've dug for myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment