18 November 2010

Feed Me Friday!...a little early :D

I'm taking a mind numbing break from life...meaning, I'm zoning in front of the computer, on fb and a myriad of other pages....don't hate, we all need a little mind numbing time!

With Thanksgiving coming up I thought I would put out a few of my favorites, things that have come from one place or another. I'm picky about certain things when it comes to certain foods. I don't like pie crust on pumpkin pie...and this is a recipe that we have used in my family for many many years

Impossible pumpkin pie

1 large can of pumpkin(NOT pie mix! just plain pumpkin...and I mean the LARGE can)
2 cans evaporated milk
4 eggs
4 Tbs butter-soft
5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup bisquick

combine all ingredients and mix until well blended...a kitchen aid or a blender will work just fine!
This batter will be runny! Slightly runnier than a cake mix. Bake at 350 until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. It takes round about an hour. But don't quote me on that! Keep an eye on your pies! Also, this recipe makes three pies, in 8 inch pie plates :D

This next recipe came to me from my mom who got it from her mom who got it from her sister who got it from....somewhere! All credit goes to Auntie Cill as far as I know! Its time consuming, but for those of us who aren't particularly fond of cranberry sauce on our turkey day table, this is a fabulous substitute. I have actually had requests for this for funeral luncheons!
****DO NOT MAKE THIS IN A METAL PAN UNLESS YOU LINE IT WITH CLEAR PLASTIC WRAP FIRST! GLASS OR PLASTIC IS BEST!****
Cranberry/Raspberry Jello

Bottom Layer:
1 pack Regular(or 2 sugar free) raspberry jello box(s)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
20 ounces frozen raspberries
1 tsp. lemon juice
Combine and stir until dissolved pour into 9x13 pan and refridgerate overnight

*spread one pint of sour cream on top of this layer and put back in fridge for at least 3 hours uncovered

Top layer:
1 pack regular(or 2 sugar free) cherry jello box(s)
1 cup boiling water
1 tsp lemon juice
1 can crushed pineapple-drain well
1 can jellied cranberry sauce <-- mush it all up very well
Combine and stir to dissovle. Pour on top of sour cream layer. refridgerate overnight. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment