12 October 2010

Tuesdays True Confession: READ ME A BOOK!

I'm a book hound. Born, bred, and there is little I haven't read! I know that I have mentioned that I have trouble going to sleep unless I read....well....my bathroom is like a library unto itself lol. There is just as much reading material in there as there is in almost any other room of my house!
I love that I have passed my love of reading on to my children. We haven't even finished the first semester of school and my kindergartener is already reading! Slowly yes, but he is doing it! Emily and Nataly both love reading, they will even read to their younger siblings which warms my heart on many levels. I also have to confess that I secretly love it when I have to get after my girls for sneaking out of bed to read by the light in the hallway.
I do have to be very careful with my habit though...I will get so caught up in a pleasure book that I neglect my studies...this semester I promised myself that I would not start any new books until I finish my finals...so its just re-reads for me right now. I think if I tried to go cold turkey, and stick to just academics I would end up harming someone :) What were some of the last books you read that you enjoyed?

P.S. I adore books that are a part of a series!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. It's in the adult rotating section. It was good. It is set during the aftermath of WWII so it sad but has some light heartedness. Good read and cute love story.

    ReplyDelete