15 October 2010

Feed Me Friday: Company's Coming Mac & Cheese

This is an old standby that I actually haven't made in quite awhile. However, it's a warm satifying meal either on its own or as a side dish.

14 ounces dry Macaroni
6 Tablespoons Butter -divided
3 Tablespoons Flour
2 Cups milk
1 8 ounce package of cream cheese-cubed
2 Tsp. spicy brown mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs-italian

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Cook Macaroni, meanwhile melt 4 Tbsp butter, stirr in flour till smooth, add milk slowly-bring to a boil. cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add next five ingredients. Stir until smooth add to drained macaroni mix to combine. Dump into a greased 9x13 pan melt remaining butter and combine with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the casserole Bake for 15-20 minutes

As a bonus I'm throwing out a recipe I use for a warm drink...We call it Russian Tea, don't know where the name came from , but this stuff is a great pick me up with the cooler morning weather and helps deal with the sniffles. Keep in mind that you can use Regular instant Nestea, I use decaf, because as anyone who knows me well will tell you...caffeine really does make me bounce off the walls!

1/2 cup instant Decaf Nestea
2 cups Tang
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

combine well! I use two heaping spoonfuls in a coffee cup of boiling water. I also store this in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment