04 October 2010

Only my child.....

Last week Ethan, who already suffers from asthma, came down with croup. I kept him home and close to his treatments and when it came time for him to finally return to school this past week I called his teacher to give her a heads up on the coughing and what should be the course of action.
We get ready to conclude the phone call and she tells me that Ethan said the cutest thing today...I must be the only parent to actually cringe when hearing that phrase. My kids never stop at just cute they embarrass the heck outta me! She goes on to tell me that the kids had to use "I go" in a sentence pertaining to how they get to school. Ethan ponders for a minute. Let me tell you this kid has a fantastic pondering face too lol. And then his eyes light up and he says....wait, are you sure you are ready for this? Are you really sure?
He says "I go to school in my dad's blue car that isn't registered...because he forgot." ACK GAH OMHEAVENS!!! His teacher replied "Ethan!, Your dad is a Deputy, I can't believe he would do that! Are you sure he did that?" To which Ethan replied with nothing more than a smile.
First of all, let me say that his teacher was incredibly impressed that Ethan even knew that cars need to be registered before you can drive them. And Second, well, she thought this was so cute that she put it in the school newsletter, sighhhhhhh.
I was STEAMING mad, thinking that Cory actually had taken them to school in the blue car that seriously is not registered, but I had left the red car that IS registered for him to take them to school, and I rode with a friend to Show Low for class...Later I find out that Cory DID NOT take them in the unregistered car. However, Ethan did try to persuade him to take that one, and Cory replied, "No son, its not registered"
So folks, no need to worry, we really are law abiding citizens and not hypocrites. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment