11 October 2010

Somebody is missing Gram

One morning recently, Rylee kept pestering Cory and I that she wanted to go see my mom. All fine and dandy except for the facts: my mom lives 2 and 1/2 hours away, she was at work, we needed to be home when the kids got home from school, it was an early release day, I had girl scouts that night, and we had plans for the weekend already. It just wasn't possible to pack up and head to see Gram and Grandpa....sorry Roober!
Cory and I were have an indepth discussion and Rylee had finally found something to occupy herself. She sat coloring at the table. I asked her what she was drawing...I get a little teary at this part....She told me that she drew a picture of Gram so that she could be with her and hug and kiss her because she missed her so much ♥♥ She carried that hand drawn picture with her for around 4 hours. She hugged and kissed and talked to 'Gram' the whole time...
Oh how I wish that we could spend more time with my parents. With my schooling and Cory's work schedule...its just not possible and I have tried to explain this to the kiddos so many times. Right now we are making sacrifices so that I can get through my schooling. In fact...part of the reason that Cory's schedule is inflexible is because of my classes.....I think that for a week or so of Christmas break we will head to Gram and Grandpa's house....now if they can only hold out that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment