10 January 2010

A little over a week ago, I posted on Facebook that I would not be setting any goals for the New Year. I made that decision based on the fact that this first part of the year is going to be hectic for me with a full class load and my family to care for. What if I failed in these "goals"? Then I would be down on myself, feel depressed...its a vicious cycle that I don't want to get into right now.

Flash forward to today...Cory and I are sitting on the bench at church holding hands with a kid on each of our laps, and one apiece on our sides. The speakers were asked to speak specifically about goal setting...sighhhhh.

Let me summarize by saying that I will be setting goals. But in setting them I will have a plan to accomplish each item, I will record them and put them out where they are visable, I will re-evaluate often and keep track of my progress.

To say I am looking forward to setting and posting these goals could not be further from the truth! To say that I need to set these goals and work hard to obtain them is an absolute truth.

1. Have lunch at school with the girls once a month.
2. exercise for 1 hour AT LEAST 2x's a week, 3 preferably.
3. Date night, once a week...need I say more?
4. Maintain GPA.

There...that wasn't so painful now.

No comments:

Post a Comment