03 January 2010

♫♪♫I know He lives! I will follow faithfully! My heart I give to Him, I know that my Savior loves me.♫♪♫
I stood in front of close to 20 kids today ages 3-11 and sang a song titled "I know that my Savior loves me". It is a song that we will be learning and later will incorporate into our yearly program at church. In planning how to teach this song, I also had to form a plan for teaching about the spirit and feeling his love for us and other...because this song touches me in a way that few others in the world do, I knew I was going to cry in front of those kids today. Even now, sitting here typing these words and remembering there little voices singing such wonderful melodies and beautifully thoughout words makes my eyes tear up.

I have finally figured out that I love my calling, and while it has rough spots it is the most special calling I have ever had. For the first time in the year that I have held this calling, I want to magnify it and do my best by those children. Not because I care what others will think of the performances(ok, I do care about that, but not as much as before), but because I want these children to know of the love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for them. My hope and prayer is that one song, just one song that I teach to them will stick with them and help them in anytime of need they encounter.

There is nothing in this world as special as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment