18 April 2011

Its a secret(not really) family recipe

As the 3 older kids were headed out the door this morning, Emily suggested that I make a crazy cake today. I thought, why not? Rylee would LOVE to help me with it.
Here's the recipe and even *gasp* pictures of the steps. This recipe has been in my family for a L.o.n.g. time, so many generations that I can't even tell ya how many.

Crazy Cake
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
2 tsps baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup oil
2 Tablespoons white vinegar
2 cups water

First take a 9 x 13 pan(glass works best)
measure all your dry ingredients straight into the pan

with a fork combine these ingredients thoroughly

Now make three wells or indents in the dry ingredients and measure out your wet ingredients minus the water into the wells

Now pour the 2 cups of water over the top of the whole thing
and mix with the forks until nice and cake batter-y like

Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 mins to 1 hour. You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top to make it fancier if you want.

I have never put frosting on this cake, so I honestly don't know what it would taste like with it! The best part about this cake is the mixing and measuring because its so kid friendly! And the taste :) I love this cake. Miss Rylee cannot seem to remember that its called crazy cake though...she calls it silly cake! Its works, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment