05 February 2011

Kickin' style


The adventure of the day is going to be shoe shopping! With all 4 kids!

I've done my planning ahead of time since I have to be thrifty out of neccesity!


-Checked for local sales!

-Printed out coupon found online

- Made sure everyone is wearing hole free socks!(lets face it, its just mortifying IMO)


I actually like taking the kids shoe shopping. I point them in the right direction for their size and let them roam and try things on to their hearts content. Each child has a different method. Ethan looks for the flashiest ones and quickly snags them and begs to do the 'walk and turn'. Emily, a tween, already has an idea of what she wants and scans until she finds THE pair. If they don't have THE pair, then she begs to go somewhere that will have THE pair. Nataly is the most practical, trying them on, wiggling the toes, tying the shoe, and just making sure that it does not irritate in any way possible. Rylee is the diva, it takes her FOR.EV. ERRRRRRRRRRRRRR! to even pick out a pair that she likes enough to try on. Then she tries on just about every pair available in her size. And then! This is the part that makes me laugh the most....she begs to be able to buy all the shoes she has tried on and not discarded for one reason or another. I wish I could buy every single pair, she is so stinkin' cute!! (Its the brown eyes and freckles, they get me every time!). But Mrs. Money Bags I am not. so one(maybe two) pairs will have to suffice.

Then we get to do the walk and turn up and down the aisles...depending on how many other people are in the store. We check for pinching, rubbing, things of that sort thing.

Then finally barring any unforseen issues we check out. At the particular store we shop at, they sell many hats, bags, backpacks and such. So then they all give me the lookey eyes and try to convince me that they need a new something or other to match the new shoes...LOL. upon checking out, they change into the new footwear and we go have lunch somewhere.

Yeah, we are strange, but we like us that way!

1 comment:

  1. Shoe shopping fun!!! Who doesn't like to wear shoes right after you buy them! That is what they are for! Some call it redneck I call it cool!!! :)

    ReplyDelete