14 December 2011

Spell this...

Tonight we had a school thing and we got home kinda late, so the whole homework, bath, and bed routine was a little rushed. Ethan absolutely hates doing his homework. Before he even glances at it he is whining about how hard it is and that he doesn't know it. Its an amazing chore to get this work done. Tonight I kept him up after the girls were on their beds for reading/quiet time and we got the 'easy' stuff done...then the dreaded spelling words. There were three that he struggled with, so I had him write them out three times and told him to be prepared to spell them the right way by the time I got done tucking the girls in...ok, I have to admit that I bribed him with a piece of chocolate for each correct word. It worked, he got them all right. And he even told me that I make learning easier for him and he loved me. I wonder if he would still love me without the chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment