03 November 2009

Another *thing* bites the dust

So last night, I decided to tackle Mount Laundry and watch a movie at the same time...the dryer decided it has worked too hard for the past 11 years and went on strike! Needless to say, I had load of washed laundry que'd up to dry. . . AHHHH! I went to the laundromat this morning. I don't recall the laundromat ever being part of my routine growing up and only when I had something humongous(think sleeping bags) to wash in all my married time, so this is all still pretty new to me.

I have to admit that it was actually a wonderfully quiet, peaceful, AND productive morning!! I was the only one there, and I just used as many and whichever machines I wanted and did tons of studying while I waited, I used triple loaders for some of it, but all told I did about 6 regular loads in just over an hour and a half, can't do that at home! AND I am feeling more confident about my Nursing Assistant test on Thursday since I had plenty of study time.

The only down side is that it was close to $20 to do all that laundry *sighhhhhh* It was so worth it though.
I did still watch my movie last night, and perhaps the dryer quitting was worth the relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment