31 March 2011

How romanti......OOPS!

We had houseguests coming on short notice and my house was in what I like to call 'semester mode'. Meaning, that there were dishes in the sink, and general clutter everywhere. I had asked Cory to help with Ethans monthly craft project in the small window of time he had between dropping off Rylee at pre school and going to work. All I needed him to do was to spray paint two #10 cans.
Imagine my surprise when I got home at 6pm that night and found some amazing looking cans, dishes done, AND the playroom/spare room cleaned up! As soon as he got home I went to corner him to give him a big smackaroo, and tell him thanks a million. But between children, the phone, and all sorts of other things, I didn't get to tell him at that moment. Flash forward about another hour and I saw him walk into the playroom, it reminded me that I still needed to sincerely thank him. I followed him in there and proceeded to tell him thank you. I mentioned that I was going to give him a big smackaroo earlier but we got interrupted(this is the romantic oops part).
So he grabs me and goes to tip me back as he lays a whopper of a kiss on me....unfortunately we both had socks on and....we he started slowly slipping about the same time I did! I fell the last 3 or 4 inches to the ground. and landed right on his toe with my butt OUCHIE!! we laid there and laughed once I had the ouchie under control. And trying to capture the romance back for a bit he was whispering in my ear(seriously picture this....we are giggling and laughing on the floor, half in and half out of the door. The kids are looking at us as though we are more nuts than usual) and the freaking phone rings! Romance can be hard to come buy in this house sometimes!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! That is real life right there!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete