21 July 2010

I have Zucchini coming out of my ears!

Here's another zucchini recipe that I adore! As soon as I finish posting I'm off to whip one of these up for dinner. We will be pairing this with fish tonight, but its great with just about anything, chicken, pork chops, steak...or nothing! It stands on its own very well as a veg or light dinner! Enjoy and HOLLA if you don't have enough zuc's lol, I could probably spare a few!

Zucchini Pie
4 cups Zucchini(thin slices)
1 cup white onion chopped
1/4 cup butter
Saute these until tender

While the above mixture is cooking press one tube of crescent roll dough into a pie plate. You have to be slightly creative to cover the sides and bottome but one tube will do it! Brush the uncooked crust with 2 TBS of yellow mustard.
Add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic(granulated), 1/4 tsp basil 1/4 tsp oregano to the cooked mixture.
Combine 2 eggs and 2 cups of shredded mozzerella cheese in a small bowl. then combine with the cooked mixture and dump into the uncooked crust. bake at 375 for about an hour. A butter knife in the middle will come out clean and your 'pie' will be slightly brown on top! YUMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment